Monday, April 9, 2012

Alexandra

THE PIZZA PLACE


On the third floor of the open mall "Sunset Place" right next to the AMC movie theatre there is a  Pizza Place. It's a small restaurant, family owned that serves different appetizers, pizza, wings, salads and desserts. Because of its location, it mostly attended by families and teenagers that after shopping or after a movie they want to eat something good and not too expensive. I worked there during the weekends as a waitress for almost one year. It was my first experience of work in a restaurant but I adapted myself quickly. The owners are a friendly and generous couple that treated me as a daughter. My coworkers were very nice people too and I never had problems with customer service. Because of the limited size of the restaurant there is no room in to keep the extra stuff. Therefore, right behind it, in the parking lot of the mall there is a box room used to keep all the extra napkins, utensils, boxes, sauces etc. The first time I went in the room is was the day I was hired. They were explaining me the things an employee need to know, so they brought me in the utility room. It was dark and dusty with shelves full of boxes. On the floor there were old pizza signs, menus and boards one on top of the other. The smell of the room was familiar. It brought a smile on my face and it triggered memories of my childhood. I took a few deep breaths  and I imagined the basement I had in my old house. It was a place were I used to hide from my parents when I was angry or I didn't anyone to find me. The smell of dust and old of the back room of the Pizza Place  was the same of my old basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment